Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

H2O is Joy!

I am so happy to be posting my latest layout! Having the follower contest as my only main post in almost a month was tough, but I wanted to make it easy to find! :) This layout showcases one of my very favorite photos of my youngest son, Ezra! I could scrap this photo over and over in mayn different ways! Do you have a photo like that? (This could be my idea for my first challenge......hhmmm.) So here it is:

I used Me and My Big Ideas Sunny Days patterned paper, American Crafts Heat Wave patterned paper (polka dots), Momenta atd Vibrant solid embossed cardstock (pink), Best Occasions Shiny Paper (turquoise), Bazzill Basics Cardstock Bank Roll, Peachy Keen Stamp You are My Sunshine, Close To My Heart ink Orange, American Crats thickers Heart, Recollections glitter and foam dots, Zots, Martha Stewart Glitter Glue, and buttons/brads/ribbon/thread from my stash! Hope you like it! Please leave a comment!

Ok, I have to give a shout out to Close To My Heart for their ink pads! I used Orange to stamp this cute little sun, and I have had this original ink pad since 2007, and I have never had to open my re-inker! You can visit their site here! www.closetomyheart.com

This is the first time I have scissor-distressed Bazzill cardstock, which doesn't have the white core I am used to, but I was pleased with the subtle lightening effect! And, being that I have 4 boys and only 1 daughter-in-law, I took advantage of the pink in this background paper, and put pink in as much of this layout as visually pleasing! :) (:

I have really enjoyed the collection of glitter I purchased with a coupon (Recollections)! And this is the first time I have used my new Peachy Keen Stamps! I do love those sweet little smiles, and the image was very crisp when I stamped it! I'll be purchasing more of these! You can visit their site: www.peachykeenstamps.com

I typed the journaling on my desktop, trying my best to match the turquoise in the papers with my font. And I was able to use my trusty Singer sewing machine to stitch a double frame around it in white for some focus, but hopefully without overpowering it. White brads, I added for the same reason. I hope you like my style, and I love comments!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scrapbook layout! I love all the details and the colors. Your son is very cute! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog and I am following you too! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. I have wanted to get some peachykeen stamps. I think I will have to order some. I love your ribbon with the buttons. I bought an electronic distressing gizmo. I haven't used it yet, but I need to try it out. I like distressed edges. It gives the paper more character. Such a fun summer LO. tfs Tami
    Tambo's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. very colorful and looks like a fun layout to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute layout hon, I love the bright colors! FABULOUS
    Scrappingmamma

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments!